The pre-crawling clinic is an overview of your baby's development with an occupational therapy lens and tailored strategies to help aid their development. It is a 1:1 session that lasts one hour. The assessment includes:
- A brief history of pregnancy and birth.
- A brief sensory and motor questionnaire.
- An observation of developmental “mini” milestones (head lifting, head turning, primitive reflexes, general strength, movement, sensory processing, play and social skills).
The intervention includes:
- Evidence-based individualised advice and strategies on the “8 phases” of assisting baby to move in and out of positions depending on their motor ability and sensory preferences.
- Individualised advice around the “dosage of tummy time” and how to incorporate it into the day.
- A run-through of how to make tummy time more interesting using age-appropriate play.
- A follow-up phone call to see how things are going following the assessment and intervention session.